Powered by Blogger.

Hannah's Necklace

>> 6.02.2011

So this is a lot late.  I meant to post this a LONG time ago.  This was a Christmas present I made.  See I told you it's a lot late.

When I was helping my brother move to Chicago last summer (crazy that he's almost been there a year!), his gf had this broken bowl on the front porch.  I asked a couple of times if I should throw it away.  She told me that she really wanted to try to fix it.  It was in a million pieces.  Apparently it was a bowl from her childhood and it had special meaning to her.  Finally, she decided that she would just keep a piece and throw the rest away.  I told her I would also keep a piece and see if I could do something with it.  So here's the piece I kept.



So I got some supplies.  Mostly the wire was the important part.  I wanted to put a hole in it, but I also didn't want to break the piece because it was the only one I had.


I did sand the edges because there was a few rough spots.  But mostly I just wrapped the wire around in an interesting way.





I thought it turned out pretty well!  It makes me want to try harder jewelry.  I think the rings I make are pretty easy.  I think it would be fun to make more interesting pieces.  Here's the necklace on me.



I had a longer chain at first, but I thought it look better on a shorter chain because it was such a large charm.  I really think she liked it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP