Powered by Blogger.

Pretty in Plaid

>> 7.12.2010

So I finally did it!  I finished my skirt project.  It didn't take nearly as long as I thought.  And it was super easy!

I started with an old shirt of my husband...


My idea was to follow the instructions I found in Megan's blog.  She is so cute and so talented!  Well because my shirt had pockets, I couldn't cut from arm pit to arm pit.  So I had to cut a little higher and then sew the sleeve a little.  Then I sewed the top over about 1 1/2 inch because I only had 1/2 inch elastic.  Then I slipped the elastic in, sew the ends together, and then sewed the hole.  Viola!

A skirt!


Cute, right!?



That's the details, sort of.

Well, too bad.  It doesn't fit.  :o(

Oh well.  Guess I'll try again with a different shirt.

4 comments:

Anna July 12, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

What a great idea!! And it seems fairly easy for a sewing beginner like me.

Unknown July 14, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

what a precious skirt.....rocky has a shirt that he doesn't like and I love the material...guess what? I may try the skirt idea.....thanks for the idea....love your creativity!!!!!!!

S and O July 17, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

such a shame it doesn't fit! such a cool idea ;)
xoxo
Olivia

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP